Enter your email address and press button to receive daily updates by email that include new articles posted at The Highlands Current. You will receive an email to confirm your subscription.
- Comment on Letter: Unpleasant Welcome by Phil Bayer October 22, 2017As fairly frequent visitors to Cold Spring from Carmel, my wife and I always found the fairly small community to be very inclusive, intellectual and accepting. Ms. Gorst and her husband's experience, sadly, suggests that there are folks in the community who just don't get it. I would hope that nobody rents the "mother-in-law suite" that t […]
- Comment on Haldane to Induct 11 to Launch Hall of Fame by Jon Champlin October 21, 2017Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just to clarify, the honorees didn't have to pay.
- Comment on Halloween Happenings by Patricia Byron October 21, 2017I think you forgot the trick or treating for ages 7 and younger at Chestnut Ridge and the Putnam History Museum on Chestnut Street taking place on Halloween evening (Oct. 31). Decorations, plenty of treats and friendly spooks for the young ones. Last year's event was loved by all -- the kids and the seniors who sponsored it, along with the Museum. Still […]
- Comment on 5Q: Shirley Maloney by Michael Turton October 21, 2017I didn't know Shirley until I did this interview with her. She was a delight to speak with. Stop by and have a 'dog!
- Comment on 5Q: Shirley Maloney by William Villetto October 21, 2017You deserve it. Congrats.
- Comment on Beacon Police Blotter by Stacy Maldonado October 21, 2017I’m seeing a theme between no turn signal and marijuana possession. Perhaps it’s just forgetfulness?
- Comment on Putnam Legislators Expected to Approve Their Own Raises by Ann Fanizzi October 21, 2017Years ago there was a scandal involving the cost of a toilet seat. Well, there is another scandal brewing in Putnam County: the cost of a rubber stamp as evidenced by the proposed justification for an increase in legislative salaries.
- Comment on Putnam Legislators Expected to Approve Their Own Raises by Peter C Richter October 20, 2017The voters should have that power.