Enter your email address and press button to receive daily updates by email that include new articles posted at The Highlands Current. You will receive an email to confirm your subscription.
- Comment on Casey Gell (1995-2018) by Lachele Coninx-Wiley April 25, 2018My thoughts and prayers to Casey's family and friends. I was very shocked and saddened to hear of his passing. His kind heart will always be remembered.
- Comment on Bargains Galore Help Kids Explore by Kelly Ellenwood April 25, 2018Quick correction if I may: The first ReePlay Sale was actually held at Legion Hall on Main Street in Beacon. The items were organized that first year in the basement of Mary Antalek, who came up with idea of "big sale" of kids items as a fundraiser. Everything was then carted over to Legion Hall for the one-day event, with the promise that we would […]
- Comment on Edgewater Debate Chugs Along in Beacon by Richard Shea April 23, 2018The proposed Edgewater Development in Beacon is a Trojan Horse. I have seen this type of scam proposed so many times in Philipstown that I have lost count; each time, we sent the profiteers packing. The fabric of the Beacon community is well-established and needs to be preserved. There are too many examples of developments like Edgewater making promises that […]
- Comment on Honoring Joe Etta by Ellen Colao April 22, 2018Joe Etta had a life well-served for his family, his community and his country! Thanks for your remarkable life.
- Comment on 5 Questions: Chris Reisman by James Keepnews April 21, 2018Thanks for doing a piece on Chris and his awesome establishment.
- Comment on Edgewater Debate Chugs Along in Beacon by Jennette Boyles April 20, 2018Do not collect $200 as you pass 'GO'!
- Comment on Accused Cold Spring Vandal Appears in Court by Joanne Kenna April 19, 2018Think about what they did 150 years ago to people violating the law. Now there's a real wake up call: "The Cold Spring Board of Trustees authorized the arrest of 'all persons violating the laws of the village by the ringing of bells, blowing of horns or other unusual noises calculated to break the peace of the village.' ”
- Comment on Sign Lands Beacon Man in Court by David Alexander April 19, 2018Would it be illegal to hang a sign on the Monday before elections that says, "Democrats: Vote Tomorrow. Republicans: Vote the Day After Tomorrow"?